This product is now available as an ebook. Click here for details.
XMAS OFFER: 5% DISCOUNT
Dogs and Birds - Book 2 (Animal Notes Edition):
- continues on from Book 1 Animals
- is best used with the animal tiles and staves as a support for learning notation
- includes finger exercises which give a strong foundation for basic piano technique
- has animals printed in every note-head
- has a storyline with beautiful coloured illustrations to stimulate the child
- is recommended to be used in parallel with the Nursery Rhyme/Famous Melodies book
Download pdf of sample pages: Book 2 (Animal Notes Edition)
There is a blank notes edition of Book 2 which:
- helps the child to progress to using conventional music
- is best used together with the animal notes edition
- contains the same material but without animal symbols
- can be purchased with the animal notes edition at a discount
- 50 pages
- Product Dimensions:
- 30.5 x 22.9 x 0.6 cm
My little girl has loved learning to play the piano using the dogs and birds books. She is doing really well with them too. Would highly recommend
I've been teaching piano for 20 years and use various books - Oxford, Chester, etc. Recently tried Dogs & Birds with a few pupils aged 5-6 and they really fall in love with the characters, stories and pictures. I was a bit skeptical at first with the animal notes as felt perhaps that would prevent pupils from learning to read music properly, but experience so far is that they breeze through the blank notes edition afterwards so it must be working. I really like giving each note an animal name and character, good for listening skills & general musicality. Thanks for a lovely series of books!
Same methodology with more advanced technique and skill building. I like that it still have the pictures for this book as it means they don't have to learn too much at once. The pictures can be taken away later.
I am using Dogs and Birds with 3 pupils at the moment. they LOVED book 1 and book 2 seems to be going down equally well. I think the coloured illustrations are a huge improvement to the look of the books and are a great way to introduce young children to the piano.
I ve found the bk 2 as stimulating as bk 1. The variety in the programme makes the lesson pass very fast