This product is now available as an ebook. Click here for details.
XMAS OFFER: 5% DISCOUNT
Dogs and Birds - Book 2 (Blank Notes Edition)
- This book continues on from Book 1 Blank.
- It can be used in parallel with the Nursery Rhyme/Famous Melodies book.
- It is the more advanced version of Book 2.
- Here the child strongly associates musical notes with animal names.
- The material is the same as in the animal version but here the note-heads are conventional.
- On completing this book students are ready to work towards the ABRSM Prep Test or Trinity Initial Exam.
Download pdf of sample pages: Book 2 (Blank Notes Edition)
There is an animal notes edition of Book 2 which:
- is best used together with the blank notes edition
- contains the same material but with animal symbols printed in every note-head
- can be purchased with the animal notes edition at a discount
- 50 pages
- Product Dimensions:
- 30.5 x 22.9 x 0.6 cm
The method idea for the youngest students to use both animal notes and the blank notes in succession is a wonderful. It is strengthing both their concept of reading, but also training their ear because having used the Animal Note version, they already know what the piece should sound like, and I feel it is helping to secure the element of reading.
My 5-year-old has just moved onto this, and the nursery rhymes, after having the animal notes edition of book 1. He grumbled slightly when he saw it didn't have animals, but he's had absolutely no trouble getting the hang of "normal" notes and loves deciphering all the new note values and signs that this book introduces. The tunes are so simple yet interesting, and the exercises are nicely graded.